For this workshop, students will divide into two groups.. One group will learn what makes a good trading card game from Mr. Tillman, who is using his own tabletop game, Dark Legacy, as an example. Simultaneously, the other group will learn how to create their own Pokemon characters from artist Jimmy Horner. Students will have equal time with each artist.
During the session, students will learn to:
- Use the basics of drawing and character design to create your own character
- Develop a character with special powers and spells
- Recognize what makes a card game “work”
- Evolve your own ideas into an actual game
- Devise your own rules for game play
And stay after the class to join in MLK's Trading Card Meetup to show off your creations from 12 PM - 5 PM.